When it comes to traveling we often have a hard time finding the words to describe the way our travels have made us feel or the experiences that we have encountered. Check out these 10 words (mostly not of English origin) that most likely define exactly what you have at one point tried to describe.
1. Resfeber: The restless race of a traveler’s heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together.
2. Numinous: Describing an experience that makes you fearful yet fascinated, awed yet attracted-the powerful, personal experience of being overwhelmed and inspired.
3. Schwellenagst: The fear of crossing a threshold to embark on something new.
4. Vagary: A wandering or roaming journey.
5. Eleutheromania: An intense and irresistible desire for freedom.
6. Solivagant: Wandering alone.
7. Novaturient: A desire to alter your life, the feeling that pushes you to travel.
8. Eudaimonia: The contented happy state we feel when we travel.
9. Fernweh: A longing to travel, missing a place you’ve never been.
10. Strikhedonia: The joy of being able to say “to hell with it”.